Skip Navigation LinksHome > About Gowrie > Career Opportunities
Gowrie Group offers an exciting, challenging, professional working environment. We are committed to the ongoing
development of our employees, and provide our team with excellent training resources, sophisticated
technology platforms, a collegial atmosphere, and significant career growth opportunities. Gowrie offers
competitive compensation and quality benefits packages.
The company is locally and nationally renowned; it is the top privately held property/casualty
agency in Connecticut, is the largest independent marine insurance agency in the US, and is part
of the prestigious listing of the Top 50 National Property/Casualty Agencies. Every year, starting in 2011, the company has been voted based on employee feedback as a “Top Workplace in Connecticut.”
Gowrie Group is always interested in hearing from motivated, energized, and focused individuals
who have expertise and experience in one or more of our core focus areas: commercial insurance,
personal lines insurance, marine insurance, benefits insurance, account management, and customer service.
To learn more or to submit your resume and cover letter,
please contact our Careers Team anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
, 860.399.3662, or 800.262.8911
We are actively recruiting for the positions below.
Commercial Lines Account Manager
Key Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Holds active and current Insurance Producer License for resident state.
- Able to confidently and professionally assess and identify insurance exposures and match those with solutions using our markets and available products and resources.
- Able to maintain robust book of business and incorporate new clients, products, tasks and workflows as they develop.
- Able to successfully interact and/or negotiate with all personality types within the Gowrie Group and with outside clients, underwriters, vendors and other professionals.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the following areas & skills: Insurance Knowledge, Organization, Attention to Detail, Written and Verbal Communication, Microsoft Office (Word is critical; Excel basic knowledge required; other suite product skills are helpful); Math and Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Interpersonal Skills.
Key Attributes Necessary within our Corporate Culture:
- Committed to excellence and to continuous self improvement.
- Committed to following and representing Gowrie core values and ethics.
- Committed to following Gowrie strategic plan and established procedures.
- Displays a Positive, “Can Do” Attitude.
- Must be a team player willing to assist with projects and matters that arise.
- Must be responsible and productive both independently and with others.
- Will need to be creative, flexible, curious and willing to try new things.
- Should be emotionally intelligent, forgiving, resilient, and solution-oriented.
- Provide exceptional service to assigned Commercial Lines accounts, coordinating with others where necessary to achieve optimal results.
- Work with producers and clients to understand the scope of the operations insured, and review the insurance program and policy documents to ensure proper protection has been included or offered.
- Provide timely responses to requests for information & documents; handling or referring underwriter questions; maintaining control on diaries, renewal expirations and binders; processing claims, renewals, new business transactions, cancellations, audits and endorsements; providing quotes for new business or additional lines of insurance on existing accounts; using automation to rate new or renewal business; preparing applications, summaries, proposals, checklists and finance agreements as needed for new and renewal business; invoicing transactions including deposits; following up on agency bill account collections; securing and maintaining accurate documentation such as Experience Rating information, ERM-14 forms, officer exclusion or inclusion forms, affidavits, loss runs or details and any other necessary forms or information from client, or current and prior carriers.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all activities related to clients and prospects, especially documenting coverage reductions or refusals.
- Effectively coordinate with Producers, Claim, Safety and Marketing staff to ensure smooth handling of claims, successful marketing of new and renewal business, and proper follow up for loss control recommendations.
- Effectively utilize technology, following workflow and standards established by department manager and agency.
- Stay abreast of the commercial lines marketplace including attendance at meetings and seminars, and communicate with clients directly or through producers regarding new product offerings.
- Work with Commercial Lines manager to meet department goals, develop and meet individual goals, and receive regular performance feedback.
- Assist other Commercial Lines department staff where possible when urgent need arises or when co-workers are out of the office.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, company representatives and other team members to ensure optimal results in retention and satisfaction.
- Ensure that assigned customers are aware of all Gowrie Group offerings and those coverages they may need through checklists and cross sell conversations, including documentation thereof.
Measurement Mechanisms Criteria:
- Periodic meetings with Commercial Lines Manager.
- File Reviews.
- Epic metrics for growth, retention, profit, aged receivables, etc.
- Ongoing feedback from other staff and clients including annual survey.
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits plan that includes the following:
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision Care coverage
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
- Voluntary Dependent Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid onsite gym and trainers available for Westbrook, CT employees