Skip Navigation LinksHome > About Gowrie > Why Gowrie
There are many things that set Gowrie Group, and our parent company Risk Strategies, apart from other insurance agencies. It starts with an unparalleled depth of knowledge and a strong commitment to excellence. We utilize a consultative risk management approach to understand your unique needs, offer expert advice, deliver specialized service, and provide customized insurance solutions.
The Gowrie advantage:
- Specialty risk management focus. Our expert specialty teams utilize a smarter, analytical approach to managing risk, controlling the total cost of risk, and developing custom insurance solutions. Our specialty practice teams ensure each client gets professional expertise and exceptional service.
- History. Gowrie Group was founded in 1974 as a marine insurance specialty agency. In 2019, Gowrie Group merged with Risk Strategies, a leading privately held specialty broker.
- Geographic reach. Over $3 billion in annual premiums, across 100,000+ clients. Solutions available in all 50 states, with strong international capabilities.
- Specialty solution areas. Portfolio of 25+ specialty solution areas including commercial marine, cyber, education, employee benefits, entertainment, environmental, equine, financial services, fine arts, healthcare, international, manufacturing, M&A, non-profit, private client, public safety, real estate, safety solutions, social services, technology, transportation, waste management, and yachts.
- Dedicated account manager. Each client is paired with an expert, licensed account manager.
- Access to choice. Through partnerships with more than 200 “A” rated insurance companies.
- Loss prevention & safety consulting. Expert claims managers who ensure quick and fair resolutions.
- Claims advocates. Experienced in-house claims managers who manage the claims process and act as your advocate.
- National locations. More than 2,000 employees, in 100+ offices across the country, including all the major markets. Local Gowrie Group offices in Westbrook CT, Darien CT, Annapolis MD, Marshfield MA, and Newport RI.
- Customer satisfaction. Our clients stay with us year after year and refer their friends and associates to us. Our service, expertise, and responsiveness receive top ratings in our annual client satisfaction survey. Our Net Promoter score is best-in-class. We are very proud of this!
- Proven results & rankings (as of year-end 2019, combined with Risk Strategies).
- 11th, largest privately-held P&C Broker
- 16th, largest US Broker
- 1st, largest independent Marine Insurance Broker
- 8th, largest Personal Lines Broker
- 6th, fastest Growing Insurance Firm
- Voted Top Connecticut Workplace (9 time winner) and Business Insurance Best Places to Work by employees (2 time winner)
Header photography courtesy of Kerry Schutz