Skip Navigation LinksHome > US Sailing Programs > Burgee Program
Insurance for Clubs, Community Programs, and Sailing Organizations
The Burgee Program is the only comprehensive insurance program developed to meet the unique needs of all types of sailing organizations - yacht clubs, community programs, schools, classes, fleets, paper clubs, and more. The program is managed by the marine experts at Gowrie Group, underwritten by Chubb, and endorsed by US Sailing. The program protects not only the organization, but also the board members, flag officers, volunteers, members, and employees.
Carter Explains Key Benefits of Burgee Program.
More than 1,000 sailing organizations across the United States are protected by The Burgee Program. US Sailing members are eligible for a 10% discount on the marine components of the program.
- Liability coverage for races, regattas, and cruises
- Hull and liability coverage for club-owned, borrowed, and chartered boats
- Sailing instruction coverage, for teaching juniors and adults
- Race management errors and omissions coverage
- Coverage for buildings, contents, and historical assets of the club
- Piers and docks coverage, including wave wash and flood coverage
- Workers’ compensation coverage for injuries to employees and volunteers
- Auto liability coverage for club-owned vehicles and trailers
- Jones Act coverage for employees working on the water
- Pollution and fuel spill coverage (accidental and sudden)
- Club members, employees, and volunteers named as additional insureds
- Additional liability coverage for directors & officers, employment practices, fiduciary, and crime
- Options for drone insurance
Video Overview of the Burgee Program.
To learn more or apply:
If you are interested in learning more about The Burgee Program, please fill out the Inquire about Burgee Program form or contact us at email@example.com, 800.262.8911. If you are already familiar with The Burgee Program, you can download all applications here.
The Burgee Program is managed by the marine experts at Gowrie Group, underwritten by Chubb, and endorsed by US Sailing
Header photography (Ram Island Yacht Club) courtesy of Matt Lettrich
"Directors & Officers Insurance" graphic photography courtesy of Fried Elliot